voting machines anyone?

Re: You guys have it all wrong.

Peter Nachtwey said:
All that is needed is a 8 bit microcontroller that has a one time programmable rom. YOU DON'T WANT PEOPLE TAMPERING WITH THE PROGRAM.

PLCs are easy to change.... right guys. That isn't good in this case.

Peter,

Somehow I don't think we're going to get a PIC or Basic Stamp by the critics....

Last edited:
Well, actually Peter is right. It wouldn't have to be a basic stamp, but there are a lot of microcontrollers that would do the job.

But Peter, this isn't microcontrolertalk.net

Ron Beaufort said:
as for “secret” proprietary programming, I’m thinking more along the lines of plain-old ladder logic ...

Hmmm, Plain-Old-Ladder-Logic, or POLL for short?... :D

beerchug

-Eric

How would you handle people that arent entitled to vote or not registered to vote?

Maybe a card reader that you could swipe your drivers licence through and if you are approved the voting screen pops up?

You could also use this for the barcode verification, scan barcode, machine says ok now swipe your licence so i can verify who you are. Now that i have confirmed you, this is the results of who you voted for, would you like a printout?

Yes/No? Is that crazy? (n)

Jnelson said:
How would you handle people that arent entitled to vote or not registered to vote?

We got ourselves a PLC running the show, now we need a trap door in front of the booth. Scan your drivers license, count to ten and if you're still standing there at ten, VOTE.

Paper that is marked, by hand, and read by an optical scanner.

Voting by mail, with hand marked ballots, as a normal way to vote works great!

In the event of a recount, there is something to actually recount.

Works for Oregon.

No computers... no how!

The only thing better than optically scanned votes would be a count of hands.

In the case of a recount, a re-count of hands might produce different results if one sees that their primary candidate is a washout.

I like the idea of auto-run-off.

Okay, time to get down to some serious design work.

1). Get a couple cases of Millers (plus some coca cola for chasers)

2). Get some dancing girls

3). Get a legal pad or grid paper, and a couple of pencils

4). ............

5). Place wake up call for March or April

regards.....casey

Last edited: