Weintek 6100i Communication Problem

TahirQ

I am facing a rather strange problem.I am recently executing project which consists of two sites in which I have to develop communication between HMI and local plc. The methodology and PLC&HMI models are same for both sites. I used Schneider M340 PLC and connected it to Weintek 6100i HMI which was located in another room. I used Modbus RTU as the mode of Communication. I used RS-485 2W port. I have done one site but now when I am working on second site, I am facing a rather strange problem. When I connect RS-485 wire to HMI for serial communication. The HMI constantly shows PLC NO response. PLC is working fine serially and serial communication indicator is also blinking. But the HMI shows PLC No response. It is not the Usual PLC No response. It as if every second the HMI is trying to communicate and communication occurs for a little time but afterwards it displays the timeout message. I have checked the Wirings and software plus I have done this all before. I am so frustrated at my luck.Has anybody else faced this type of problem or similar to this? If yes, then kindly enlighten me as to what could be possible cause of problem.

I had already checked this. The tags are same in HMI & PLC. What I find strange is that PLC is communicating as evident by the blinking light but HMI is not able to communicate with PLC. It is if HMI tries and fails to recognize the connection.

Does Message go on and off and then back on? if So the only thing I have found was an incorrect Tag. Did you change the Size of a Tag.
Like DINT[2] to DINT[3]. or anything simalar can cause that. Double Check your Import Tag File And maybe Reimport Tags. Did You Make UDT Tags. If so Did you Re-Create Those In HMI

Maybe for Test just put something simple (new program) in HMI to Look at 1 tag only and verify HMI and PLC are Talking constantly.

Wire too long? Limit should be 4000 feet for RS485.
Shielding, noise. Check voltage across 2 wires with everything connected.
Is it above 6 volts?

Yes Cwal61, the message keeps popping up after each second even after i press close. I have checked the tags again, they are correct. Still Clueless

Even with a simple test program with one tag? No Communication? Then it must be something with the Protocol Setting.

Hello!

I have the same problem with communication between Schneider M238 and Weintek MT8070iE, protocol Modbus RTU. I've done recently project connecting M238 with MT8150XE and everything was OK. But now I use the parameters of communication and the HMI always shows "PLC - no response". I even tested ports of PLC and HMI by Modbus tester. Data are correct, I mean request and response.

Have you solved this problem?

If you have tags in the tag library that do not exist in the PLC, you will get this error. When doing a new HMI program with EasyBuilder, I create a few tags and export them to excel. Then I export my plc tags and add them to the exported HMI tags. Finally I import the tags back into the HMI project being certain to delete/overwrite the existing tag library.

Tags - you mean table of addresses?

I use only 2 words (%MW0, %MW1) just for testing communication PLC and HMI. I designed project for HMI, but I changed some addresses Local HMI to Modbus ones, just for testing and faced with this problem...

I don't have library tags for addresses...

Last edited:
Tags - you mean table of addresses?

I use only 2 words (%MW0, %MW1) just for testing communication PLC and HMI. I designed project for HMI, but I changed some addresses Local HMI to Modbus ones, just for testing and faced with this problem...

I don't have library tags for addresses...

The problem was really with Weintek. I've been using the EasyBuilderPro version 4.10.04. but I found and downloaded the one 4.10.06 then designed new project with 1 numeral displaying from PLC. And Eureka!!! :p

I need help , Weintek and Fatek plc , plc have the programming , Weintek also has its program, but Weintek not activate to the bits of the PLC.