Where to buy rockwell?

I'm betting it's not. "Pants" is UK slang for "rubbish" or "useless".

It certainly is.

Same as rubbish can be mean garbage or to describe a thing or situation that is complete zh!t.

As in:

"Rockwell has lead times in excess of 12 months for Kinetix 5700s"

"Oh, that's not desirable"

"No, It's rubbish"

"It's worse than that, it's pants"

"Tw@ts"

EDIT: Pants also means underwear, trousers mean pants. Unless you're under 30 and then pants means trousers (pants)

We are exclusive Rockwell & AB, what we are seeing is toilet paper syndrome by the big distribution conglomerates. Lots of companies bought up stock, others made product stock agreements, dwindling availability to ZERO. 6 to 12 months is the lead time for almost anything. The more China slows the more we are left behind. The end user, who drives spec., are left in the shadows.

Let me be loud and clear, it’s not just Rockwell, we can’t even get the simplest of material, that’s even produced in the US because of this TP syndrome and supply chain delays. It’s crazy.

Let me be loud and clear, it’s not just Rockwell, we can’t even get the simplest of material, that’s even produced in the US because of this TP syndrome and supply chain delays. It’s crazy.

I have a feeling there's going to be a different problem popping up this year.

All the containers of Christmas and winter items that were stuck in port last year are now arriving. A Meijer store near me has a huge area of their parking lot full of containers that were for last year, now sitting for this year.

The new problem is they are now fully stocked for this winter and Christmas and are not going to buy anything from suppliers this year.

I don't think Meijer is alone in this, so the great possibility of suppliers shuttering this summer because of zero sales is possible worldwide.

The buzzword for 2022 is "decommit". I was in a meeting with Rockwell yesterday, the problem they are having (as EVERYONE is) revolves around the component suppliers they use(d). What keeps happening is that these component suppliers "decommit" on their delivery schedules, meaning they give a commitment, then at the last second, call up and say "Sorry, but someone got some sort of Government issued priority for them and you got screwed." It is happening on EVERYTHING; chips, capacitors, resistors, even the resin pellets used for the injection molded parts. It sucks, but they are no worse than anyone else at the moment.

there are many synonyms for awful:
very unpleasant, disgusting, nasty, terrible, dreadful, ghastly, horrid, horrible, vile, foul, abominable, appalling, atrocious, horrendous, hideous, offensive, objectionable, obnoxious, frightful, loathsome, revolting, repulsive, repugnant, odious, sickening, nauseating, disgustful, very bad, poor, inadequate, unsatisfactory, substandard,, execrable, egregious. & probably plenty more in the english language, it all depends on the context.

Get used to shortages fellas. I ordered 2 Red Lion touch screens in June last year - they turned in in May this year!!! Omron have discontinued the excellent NS series touch screens because they cannot get parts to make them. In Oz they have been replaced with IPCs and NS-Runtime to give the same result. Happy about that.

Get used to shortages fellas. I ordered 2 Red Lion touch screens in June last year - they turned in in May this year!!! Omron have discontinued the excellent NS series touch screens because they cannot get parts to make them. In Oz they have been replaced with IPCs and NS-Runtime to give the same result. Happy about that.

I was also very sad about the NS screens going. From what I understand their new HMIs also use the same components so they obsoleted the old ones so they can focus on the new. I am not really a big fan of the new HMIs. All my customers are quite unhappy. They received new machines <1 year ago now that has a part they have no way of replacing.

We are exclusive Rockwell & AB, what we are seeing is toilet paper syndrome by the big distribution conglomerates. Lots of companies bought up stock, others made product stock agreements, dwindling availability to ZERO. 6 to 12 months is the lead time for almost anything.

they give a commitment, then at the last second, call up and say "Sorry, but someone got some sort of Government issued priority for them and you got screwed."

Being a little guy/small customer I have had the feeling, for awhile, that I might get bumped if a bigger customer comes along and demands a part I ordered first. They move the bigger customer ahead and when I ask about my part they just tell me it got moved back. "Chip shortage in Fechtung", or some half truth. Of course they would never admit this.

I feel a little better when I order something online and it goes in my cart that their system is keeping track of the priorities and not so much someone playing favorites.

Am I being paranoid in thinking this?

Being a little guy/small customer I have had the feeling, for awhile, that I might get bumped if a bigger customer comes along and demands a part I ordered first. They move the bigger customer ahead and when I ask about my part they just tell me it got moved back. "Chip shortage in Fechtung", or some half truth. Of course they would never admit this.

I feel a little better when I order something online and it goes in my cart that their system is keeping track of the priorities and not so much someone playing favorites.

Am I being paranoid in thinking this?

I promise you that this is true. About 75% of the time when I find a part online or from some random 3rd party and cancel my order. Suddenly its available. We had a 100k siemens order that we cancelled and ordered all online. It was 6 months out. It all showed up at our shop the next day (the cancelled order).

Ran into the same thing yesterday with opto swipes. Cancelled an order. Bam showed up the next day (was supposed to be late july)

Last edited:
I was also very sad about the NS screens going. From what I understand their new HMIs also use the same components so they obsoleted the old ones so they can focus on the new. I am not really a big fan of the new HMIs. All my customers are quite unhappy. They received new machines <1 year ago now that has a part they have no way of replacing.

The new screens will not work with the CJ series PLCs. That is why we are using IPCs and NS-Runtime. That will replace what your customers have. Object size has to be enlarged - that is all from what I can see.

I just quoted a small system for July 15 delivery. I would have used a MIcro850 on this but it has Aug/Sept lead time. Thats a no go, so it will be my very first Automation Direct Click project. I've also considered Mitsubishi but AD just makes ordering and support so easy....