Where to buy rockwell?

Thanks for all the feedback. As the others mentioned changing brands of PLC is not an option due to our customer. The issue we have been running into is the dates constantly change. We design a whole project, release it for purchasing, get order confirmation on everything, then randomly it changes. The plc card was supposed to arrive 2 weeks ago. So when we follow up they bump it to September. Now we are too far along to consider other options. I really believe this is Rockwell's plan. We use alot of siemens and omron as well. Everyone is struggling hard. We have been using Maple Systems HMIs on the last couple projects.

We are having the same problems with Omron. No PLCs, no I/O cards, no HMIs, no servo drives, etc. It's really terrible. Management wants a 'copy' of a machine we already have in the plant by December. They think since it's a copy it will be easy. They don't understand that there's no amount of money that will solve this hardware supply problem. Maybe I am just a pessimist but I don't see us getting the machine until first quarter next year if we are lucky.

We are having the same problems with Omron. No PLCs, no I/O cards, no HMIs, no servo drives, etc. It's really terrible. Management wants a 'copy' of a machine we already have in the plant by December. They think since it's a copy it will be easy. They don't understand that there's no amount of money that will solve this hardware supply problem. Maybe I am just a pessimist but I don't see us getting the machine until first quarter next year if we are lucky.

If you order now, there could be a small chance. Depending on other things on the machine (not just PLC) - it could be next summer before you could get it. We build a lot of machines with Fiberglass parts, for example, and those lead times are much worse than PLCs at the moment.

If you order now, there could be a small chance. Depending on other things on the machine (not just PLC) - it could be next summer before you could get it. We build a lot of machines with Fiberglass parts, for example, and those lead times are much worse than PLCs at the moment.

I placed an order with Omron directly back in April. They told me 18-36 weeks before I can receive all of my order. So worst case is the parts will arrive just before Christmas. Not sure how accurate the dates are because I ended up receiving some cables, I/O cards that were originally quoted as 90 days but got them in early May.

This is war time rationing.

No - Profiteering!

There were 'shortages' of things during the lockdown that were created. One warehouse in Detroit had so much toilet paper the aisles were stacked full of pallets of it, but they kept saying there wasn't any until they could start putting a little out at double the price.

Not just toilet paper - foods, Lysol spray cleaner, rubbing alcohol and other supplies were kept off the shelves until they could double the price or more and people would pay it because they could now buy it again.

Keep all the PLC's in short supply for a year and the price will be much higher when they start shipping them again.

Plus for the 'chip shortage' Intel was going to ramp up production to alleviate it but they got a call from the white house ordering them NOT to increase their production, and when Intel reported this to the media the story was only reported by a couple outlets before it was canned.

No - Profiteering!

Plus for the 'chip shortage' Intel was going to ramp up production to alleviate it but they got a call from the white house ordering them NOT to increase their production, and when Intel reported this to the media the story was only reported by a couple outlets before it was canned.

Yes, from what I recall Intel was going to invest heavily in China production. Instead, they are building a huge facility in Ohio. I'm all for that, personally.

Yes, from what I recall Intel was going to invest heavily in China production. Instead, they are building a huge facility in Ohio. I'm all for that, personally.

Yes, but making chips today vs taking 3 - 4 years to build a new facility means 4 years of an ordered chip shortage when they could have done both.

been pushed back by ABB and omron alot this year, https://www.plc-city.com/shop/en/ have saved me quite alot with their stock, also they arent price gouging either
Think I might have to disagree on the price gouging, at least for Siemens S7-1200 CPU. Their price for ac/dc/relay is £1046, normal price is £392, ouch and bl**dy h*ll. And yet their Analogue units are close to normal o_O. Thanks for the link anyway.

Think I might have to disagree on the price gouging, at least for Siemens S7-1200 CPU. Their price for ac/dc/relay is £1046, normal price is £392, ouch and bl**dy h*ll. And yet their Analogue units are close to normal o_O. Thanks for the link anyway.

Shame, the stuff i have been ordering as been more or less the same price as from routeco