Which CompactLogix controllers will support a 1768-ENBT?

Do you have the correct "endcaps" installed correctly? Without them the bus isn't terminated correctly and you won't be able to see the modules.

Do you have the correct "endcaps" installed correctly? Without them the bus isn't terminated correctly and you won't be able to see the modules.
Yup, there's a 1769-ECR installed on the right end of the 1769 modules. None needed on the power supply end.

🍻

-Eric

Does the 1768 power supply have a left terminator (Can't remember what it looks like)?

If so perhaps try rearranging your enbts, or trying one at a time

Regarding The PLC Kid's comment:

I have never seen this with a Logix family device. I've seen it with routers and firewalls and other appliances that use TFTP or HTTP to load firmware binaries, but never with Logix. The firmware files for Logix are tucked away into coded directories and guarded by the ControlFlash compatibility checker.

I'm certainly willing to see something new, but I don't think that feature or procedure is present in any Allen-Bradley controller.

Ken

You are correct i have been doing firmware upgrades in tons of stratix 6000,8000,8300 switches lately and i guess that is what i had on my mind "Brain ****"

Eric My apologies.🙃

Ok, making some headway, but still no success.

I downloaded all 3 eds files for the ENBT, and now it shows up in RSLinx (via Ethernet only). There is a + next to the ENBT, but it won't expand, so I can't connect I was then able to downgrade the firmware to v1.3. At this point I still can't configure the module in RSLogix to work. I've attached a few screenshots in hopes that someone can help me figure this out.

tab1.jpg

tab2.jpg

When I go to the 'port configuration' tab, I get this error:

error.jpg

🍻

-Eric

The Module Information tab looks wrong; it shows the information for the CPU itself, not for the 1768-ENBT.

It's as though it has Slot 0 and Slot 1 mixed up. The controller is considered Slot 0 on both the 1768 (left) and 1769 (right) buses.

Can you post the *.ACD file ?

A quick update...

I was never able to get it configured, so I jumped ship and brought in an AB programmer to take over. His laptop had no problem seeing everything via RSLinx Classic. Apparently, I'm still missing some unknown eds file. I stumbled across the eds file for the CompactLogix chassis, but after I installed it, it still didn't work. Is there some magic spreadsheet that lists all the associated eds files for each component in a CL system? Oh wait, that would make things too simple... :rolleyes:

Oddly enough, when I fired up RSView to program the PV, it was able to see EVERYTHING (from the Ethernet side) via RSLinx Enterprise... :sick:

In any case, I'm thrilled that we found a great programmer who's well versed in CL. Even better, he actually understood what we needed done! He banged out the program in record time! Without him, I would have still been cursing at the screen at this point. I've relegated myself to do battle with RSView. Wow, what a far cry from Crimson 3.0... :ROFLMAO:

The FAT is on Wednesday, so it looks like I'll be working all weekend... :(

🍻

-Eric

The recent post titled ControlLogix Serial Connection reminded me that I never followed up on this thread... 🙃

I did check what version of RSLinx our programmer was using, and it was the same as mine (v2.54). I recently had to revisit this project, and during the interim, I had migrated to a new laptop. On the new laptop, I installed v2.57, and whaddya know... I can now see everything from the Ethernet side!... :cool:

It must have been some eds file that was missing. Which one? I'll never know... :rolleyes:

Thanks again for all the help!... :site:

🍻

-Eric