Why can't PLC programmers keep Halloween and Christmas straight?

One of our mechanical engineers showed up on Halloween in a full-scale Santa suit, beard and all.

I tried to explain that joke. No go.

They must have too much time on their hands - I am to busy to even think about straight let alone bent!

Indeed 31 Oct equals 25 Dec.

But the fact remains that Santaclaus is a deformation of Saint Nicolas who's holiday is on the 6th of december. Now try to explain that....

Hehe, A joke just for PLC tech-heads.

Try telling that one in your stand-up routine.

(bush weed blowing across and the distant sound of crickets)

I once wrote a few 'Electricians jokes'

PEOPLE WHO WERE ELECTRICIANS BEFORE THEY BECAME FAMOUS.

Clark Cable

Wire Terp

Inspector Pyro.

Sorry.... and there are more.

ELECTRICIAN: Doctor, when I see a large power cable, I keep having an irresistible urge to get my hacksaw out and cut into it.

DOCTOR: Don't worry, it's just a phase you will be going through.

Last edited:
jean today is the birthday of sinterklaas not tomorrow (dont say you forgot, you are not that old)
i have seen my package but i am not allowed to open it until it gets dark.
Now just wait for the storm.
The pieten will have a big job tonight to deliver everything.

Hoping on new screwdriver as mine left without notice on halloween.

Reading from text file in RSlogix 5000

I am trying to read from a text file in RSLogix 5000.Based on the strings read from the file i have to send some output.the later part is taken care of but i am unable to figure out how i can read from text file.any help would be appreciated :)

jean today is the birthday of sinterklaas not tomorrow (dont say you forgot, you are not that old)
Paul, I didn't forget. My calendar is right in fromt of me and sinterklaas is mentioned on the 6th of december, not the fifth. It's on the evening and the night before his birthday he delivers the presents, so we (all the kids) can open them on his birthday. Don't say you forgot because, just like me, you're not that old (I wonder if somebody ever gets to old to forget that).

Prettig Sinterklaasfeest,

Two atoms are walking down the street when one says to the other, "Oh no! I have lost an electron!" "Are you sure?" the other one asked. "Yes," replied the first one, "I'm positive!"