Why does Siemens have to be such a *****?

Can't say I've ever been in one that was too large, I've seen a few that were unnecessarily large but never anything to complain about.

If you have never been in one too small it's obvious that you have never worked in the real world and should try to get out of your office occasionally.

Haha
I've probably spent more hours in a control panel than you've spent in a t shirt
I just try not to post it on a forum and complain about it

I can see his point though, the machine you had was from a specific supplier and through that seem to criticize German equipment as a whole.

In the 1980's I worked for Heinz in London and we had a couple of Pasta manufacturing machines from a Company in New York. The had used 3 deep terminals (very good terminals if you use them properly, top = signal, middle = 24VDC, bottom = common), except they didn't, all three levels were signals, making it impossible to fault find.

One shutdown was spent replacing all the terminals.

Does that mean all American manufactured panels are ****? Doubt it myself.

I have worked with a lot of different German equipment from various suppliers. Don't get me wrong in general it is very well Engineered and built equipment. When Germans decide to build something, it works and works well (another generalization I know). The junction box complaint seems to be a common theme among all German suppliers. And no this isn't necessarily a Geman thing I have had similar problems with equipment from all over the world. Boxes that are too small or inconveniently located are a pet peve of mine.

Maybe I am just getting old but in my old age I have decided that I definitely don't like standing on my head and when I build something myself I make sure I don't have to. I deal with generally large machines so there is almost never a good reason to skimp on panel space or make things difficult to access.