Will WAGO PFC200 stop operate after e!****PIT trial license is ended?

jflynn

Hi!

I've bought WAGO PFC200 controller to automate my smart home installation. After that I've noticed, that I also need to buy e!****PIT or CoDeSys license to program my device. As I understand, CoDeSys license is not an option for me, because I'm planing to use WAGO DMX library which is not available outside of e!****PIT. If I understand correctly, when I write program to my PLC, e!****PIT license is writing to PLC too. Now I have a several question about e!****PIT trial license:
1) Will my PLC stop operate when e!****PIT trial license expired?
2) Will I be able to open my project on another PC with e!****PIT trial license when my trial license expired?

Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure but I believe that when you buy a Codesys PLC the licence fee for Codesys runtime is included in the PLC price.
So the program in PLC will not stop running when e!****PIT trial license expires but you will have to install e!****PIT on another PC or virtual machine to continue using it.

At least this is what happens when using Schneider Electric SoMachine trial licence which is also a modified version of Codesys.