WinCC (7.2) RAW Data Tags for Alarms

leem2209

Lifetime Supporting Member
Recently we've had a machine replaced for a new one but different manufacturer.

I've been involved in interfacing with PCS7 DCS and so far I've worked most of it out (My first job on PCS7 and was left to work it out mostly alone, but with some Siemens support)

So, the hard wiring is fine and the operation from the WinCC faceplate has been modified, tags created for various readings, etc.

Next is the alarms. Currently if there is a crtical error on the machine, then an alarm is signalled via the hardwired signal, and that goes to the DCS input which was the same for the old machine. Thats fine. The operator knows there's something wrong and can divert to another machine.

To see what the actual alarm is, the operator has to go to the machine. This is the same for warnings.

I've looked in the "Alarm Logging" for anything related to the old machine. I have found 17 alarms of different "class" and "type" so wanted to re-map the tags to be activated from signals frm the new machine (comms already established and relevent DB's have been set up in the DCS to read the machine alarms)

Now this is where I'm a little bit stuck. The tags are #RawEvent and from what I've read this saves using tag allowance.

So all the tags are the same (S7$Program(AS1)#RawEvent) and the Format DLL is NRMS7PMC.NLL

I don't know where to go from here. I'm asuming a program compiles some data to create the *.NLL file which contains the alarm tag reference?

If I am right, where do I go from here to change that reference data?

a1ifdc.png

Mucho Grazias for any help! :geek:

OK, just found out a little more info courtesy of https://support.industry.siemens.com/tf/ww/en/posts/raw-data-type/12552/?page=0&pageSize=10

SFB35 (ALARM_8P) is a special block that transfers alarm data to the WinCC

So in the S7-400 PLC I looked at calls for SFB35. Most blocks are protected, with it being PCS7.

So, in charts, I found my "machine"_FAULT block. Object properties states it is FB62 with instance DB of DB521.

Also in object properties is SPECIAL PROPERTIES -> MESSGAES, im just looking in there and can see all my alarm data which is sent from this block. Looking in I/O tab also shows me where EV_ID and EV_ID1 is referenced to so can trace back from here hopefully....

hx2k9c.png

rmmh6g.png

Last edited:
2qcnw8y.png
OK, so after realising and learning all this, it appears that there is only one error message that will be displayed on the DCS due to the MSG_CLAS input on the chart having a fixed value of 1, relating to HighHigh Alarm. Once the error condition is true (which comes from 3 inputs to an OR logic) then it will display an error. These 3 signal come from DCS conditions and the hard wired error condition, so there is no adjustments neccessary!

All the other messages in the DCS are automatically generated during the compile as they are standard blocks used, but not fully utilised.

All that time but hey ho at least I've learnt something new!

Last edited: