WinCC Advanced - Runtime Setup

woodward_uk

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone

I'm currently developing my first WinCC Advanced (V16) project. The software is now complete and I can start the Runtime on my development PC, it communicates with my S7-1500 and everything checks out ok.

I now need to run the project on the PC which will be used by the plant operators. I have installed TIA V16 on this PC and installed the runtime license to this machine. Ideally I would like to be able to download any future changes I make to the project, via Ethernet, from my development PC directly to this PC (not sure if this will be possible)?

Can I just select 'download to device' within TIA and will this copy the required sections of my TIA project to the Operator PC?

WinCC Runtime Loader and WinCC Runtime Start are both in the start menu, do I need to copy the whole project over first then point to this?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

You need to start the WinCC Runtime Loader program on the target PC. If you have the Runtime Loader in the startup folder then that should be enough.
When you transfer the project to the target PC, you only have to specify the target PCs IP address.
Notice that the default storage path is
C:\PROGRAMDATA\SIEMENS\CORTHMIRTM\HMIRTM\PROJECTS\

If this does not suit your setup, you may have to manually move the files from the default folder to the proper location.
If someone knows how you can change the default storage path, that would be nice to know !

Another method is to locate the files on your programming PC, and then manually copy the files, by mail or by FTP or some other way to the target PC.
After compilation you can find the files .fwd and .pwd under
[TIA Project path]\IM\HMI\C\[n]\Generates
where [n] can be a number if you have multiple HMIs in the same project.

N.B. always use the rebuild all before you send a HMI update to a customer !

Btw. only send the file with user administration (.pwd) if the end-user has not setup his own users and/or passwords.
When WinCC Runtime starts and sees a new .pwd, it automatically reads it in and overwrites any current user administration.