WinCC Flex 2008 SP2 logging to SQL

JOLTRON

Lifetime Supporting Member
Currently I am logging all of my alarms to a csv file then running macros in Excel to clean it all up sum up the data. I am currently entertaining the idea of logging them to a Database. Access or maybe MySql dunno yet.

I have read thru the siemens site and all of the "How Tos" show setting up the "Alarm Logs" with a "Storage Location" of "Database". In my version my only choices are:
File - CSV(ASCII)
RDB
File - TXT(Unicode)

I have seen a few ways of doing it via VB Scripts but I'm trying to stay away from this.

Does anyone know if the Storage Location Database was removed?
Or is it an option that needs to be purchased?

Thanks,
-joltron

Edit: Just started thinking maybe this is a PC Runtime only deal? I'm using a MP277. Anyone know?

Last edited: