WinCC Flex installation on Win XP SP3

userxyz

Hi all,

Today I had a problem with installing WinCC Flexible 2008 on a Windows XP SP3 machine. Office was installed on that machine.

Problem was: Unknown error 16. This happened when It tried to install MS SQL Server 2005. After searching a while on the net I found the solution by installing msicuu2.exe (installation clean up utility). There I had to remove MSXML. After that I restarted the installation of WinCC Flexible 2008. The MS SQL Server 2005 could be installed now, it re-installed MSXML in it's installation.

All okay now.
This is a microsoft problem.

The thing is, I don't understand why microsoft removed the msicuu2 from their website and that I had to search a while before I found this tool that rescued my ***.

Regards,
Combo