WinCC flexible faceplate with bar graph

Werner

Hi There,

We use the bar object to show stackheights in our robot storage. The height is normaly of the INT data type. This works without problems.

Now I made a faceplate of this bar object (together with some other objects). Unfortunately the bar object of the faceplate needs a DOUBLE data type at the maximum value.

Does anybody know why this diffecence is there?
How to solve this? (I don't want to change my data structure in the DB to change from INT to DINT or DOUBLE)

Kind regards!

Go into the faceplate configuration, property interface and change to INT

Hope this helps

edit:

I was looking at this a bit more for you and found a good example of this so I'll attach a screenshot. Hopefully you have reading glasses, didn't realize the rez was so terrible :)

Capture8.jpg

Last edited:
Dear ELake20,

My problem is that the Maximum value is of the type DOUBLE. If you use a bar object directly on a screen. (Not in a faceplate) then it is possible to set the maximum value with a Tag of the data type INT.

But If I use the same bar object in a face plate I am forced to change the datatype to Double. I don't want this....

Yeah I see by default the maximum and minimum are double and cannot be changed.

Siemens has a block that will do INT to DINT I believe as a last ditch effort

I cant speak for older versions but in Flexible 2008 SP1 HF2 its possible to connect an INT input tag to the maximum value of the bar even though its says double.

BarTest.jpg

Today it is working??!

The first time I did a recompile of my project I got lots of warnings for the type conflict. So I changed to DOUBLE. Now I changed it back to INT en recompiled again. This time there are no warnings?!

So I am happy it works for now. One other question is it possible to do small logic in the faceplate?

I have two bools connected to the faceplate, I want some objects to be visible if both are true.

It's possible. Just connect the change value event of the tags to script_1 then you can write your logic in the script tab.

Example of Script_1
Code:
If SmartTags("Properties\inBool1")  = True And SmartTags("Properties\inBool2") = True Then
    SmartTags("internalVisible") = True
Else
    SmartTags("internalVisible") = False
End If

internalVisible is an internal faceplate boolean tag connected to the visibility properties of the objects i want to control.

Note that you have to set the acquisition mode of the tags to cyclic continuous so that the scripts executes on every change.