WinCC flexible questions

arocon

We use WinCC flexible 2007 for HMI. I was trying to make an alarm in HMI. I set that alarm with the address in PLC DB1100.DBX83.0 and in HMI i configured tag as DB1100DBW83 and triggered alarm with bit 0. After compiling HMI whenever i put HMI in the station it is showing alarm for this alarm "PLC address errror."
My question is why it is showing this error. Is it for error DBW83 because of odd number.

There must be no odd byte numbers when you define tags in WinCC Flexible.
Also, observe the PLC address that WinCC Flexible reports for the alarm.
Alarm # 1 will not link to the bit with offset 0.
Alarm # 1 will link to byte +1 offset 0.
Alarm # 8 will link to byte +1 offset 7.
Alarm # 9 will link to byte 0 offset 0.
Alarm # 16 will link to byte 0 offset 7.
Alarm # 17 will link to byte +3 offset 0.
Alarm # 24 will link to byte +3 offset 7.
Alarm # 25 will link to byte +2 offset 0.

and so forth.
This because of little endian on the PC and big endian on the PLC.
The key to how to understand this is to observe the tag addresses that WinCC Flexible report to you.

However, this will not trigger the error message.
I am guessing DB1100 does not exist, or it is not big enough, or the setup of the tag in WinCC Flexible is wrong.