WinCC Flexible store location for Recipes

userxyz

Hello,

On an MP377 we made a recipe screen. All recipes are stored in DB's. A recipe is called by number. This number is used to call the right DB. The name of the recipe comes from a text list (WinCC Flex), the tag is also teh recipenumber.

They can call recipes, make changes, ...
But they cannot make a new recipe. We can make some reserve DB's, but the name of the recipe has to be entered in WinCC Flex...

This is not a flexible way to modify/delete/add recipes (name). The great advantage of having the recipes in DB's is that the MP377 locally can modify/delete/add recipes, and other panels/PC's on the network can do this as well.

If we want to use the recipething in WinCC Flex, then the store location should be somewhere on the network. This is okay for me, but what if the stored files cannot be reached for some reason...

Can the recipething in flexible be made secure... the recipes stored on the MP377 but also elsewhere, read from files by script ? etc... ?

Why not have a db of string array and use the recipe number to point to the recipe name?

Create a page on the HMI that you can edit the name and move it into the correct slot based on its number for edit purposes.

It would have been better to have coded the recipe name into each recipe db imho

cheers

hmm

This sounds good... I'll try this.
Thanks !!

Why not have a db of string array and use the recipe number to point to the recipe name?

Create a page on the HMI that you can edit the name and move it into the correct slot based on its number for edit purposes.

It would have been better to have coded the recipe name into each recipe db imho

cheers