winCC flexible

OP73 without transfer mode

if i have OP73 without transfer mode option apear on its screen. and i want to make update to its operating system. to download new screen for it. how can i do that? please fast replay :sick:

Op73

There is no need to update OS if you intend to keep old applicaion. Anyway, if you must do it, if application is changed, you will neeed: 1. PPI cable to make update 2. completely NEW application 3. PC adapter to transfer new application to OP, since ALL will be erased.

Last edited:
Op73

Dear Homer

I have
Siemens PG and
1- USB@PG to 9pin PPI-RS485@HMI cable
2- also i have MPI\DP cable
3- PG adopter which contain 9 pin Mal serial port + i make serial cable RS232 from this serial port to HMI

i make a lot of trail to connected with OP73 i can't
where
1- i use MPI cable from MPI\DP Female 9pin PG socket to RS 422\485 Female 9pin OP73 socket and can't a djoin with it

2- also used serial RS232 cable from serial Mal 9pin @PG adopter to RS 422\485 Female 9pin OP73 socket and can't a djoin with it

3- finally i used siemens USB\PPI-RS485 cable to connect USB PG with RS 422\485 Female 9pin at OP73 socket and can't a djoin with it đź“šđź“š

Op73

Dear all

the problem happen when i upload Prosave photo from old OP73 and try to downloaded this photo to new OP73 the new one hanged while the photo stored after that i tray to download the photo again to new OP73 there is no any transfer mode option appear on the new OP73 till now i can't make any contact with this OP73

i have OP3 proTool screen program i changed it to OP73 by using WinCC and try to transferred it to OP73 i can't

i reed all manual on Siemens site to know how can i transfer the OP73 WinCC screen or OP73 Prosave photo i can't cach any good result till now

i tray to make update to operating system by ProTool, Prosave
and WinCC no any responce also i select ( set to factory setting) option when i make update to O.S i didn't have any usful result untill now

so please any one can help me Do not hesitate :oops::(

Dear Homer

First, BACKUP existing configuration (in case of problem, then RESTORE it): connect your PC to OP73 via USB/PPI cable. Run Prosave (or WinCC Flexible), select a GENERAL tab, then select OP type and connection method. Select BACKUP tab and make a bakup.

Then, make a OS update using Prosave or WinCC Flexible and same USB/PPI cable. Follow the instruction while updating.

Then, open new application using WinnCC Flexible. Connection cable for Upload/download is now PC Adapter, NOT USB/PPI! Download application to OP73 usng WinCC Flexible.

YOU CAN NOT SIMPLY ADD ONE SCREEN, YOU CAN ONLY DOWNLOAD COMPLETE ERROR FREE APPLICATION!