WinCCFlex-OPCServer connection

Krcedinac

Hello to all,

I`ve been trying to establish connection between WinCCFlex on one PC and OPC server on my laptop trought local network. Comunication from my laptop to the other PC goes both ways, with OPC Scout and WinCCFlex, but in other direction communication goes with OPC Scout but with WinCCFlex it is imposible. When I am browsing the network in the Flex it finds my laptop but it stays "blue" not green with all connections avalble. In the Administrative Tools, Event Viewer WinCCLog I find following message:

General Information

-------------------------------

Machine Name: DJORDJE

Time Stamp: 6/4/2008 10:04:48 AM

Windows Identity:DJORDJE\Djole

Exception Information

----------------------------------

Message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Exception Type: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException

HelpLink: NULL

Source: mscorlib

TargetSite: Void HandleReturnMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)

StackTrace Information

-------------------------------------------

Server stack trace:

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machineAndPort)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.SystemDiagnosis.TraceServerDispatcher.Ping()

at Siemens.Simatic.Hmi.Utah.SystemDiagnosis.Tracer.Connect(Int32 pid)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

I tried with DCOM settings, firewall, etc but I can not get it throught. If it was the same for OPC Scout I would understand but like this no...

It is WinCCFlex2005 SP1 HF7

Does anyone has any ideas?

Regards

Last edited:
I have never fumbled with DCOM, only looked from the sidelines.
Can it be that the userprograms that connects via DCOM have to be assigned access rights on the remote PC ? Maybe OPC scout has some rights, that WinCC Flex does not.

Hello Jesper,

May be, but why in the other direction (from my laptop to PC) it works with the same DCOM settings???o_O