Windows 10 Unity Pro 11 USB drivers

Bitblob

Hi all

So i recently moved to a windows 10 laptop and installed Unity Pro 11 and all seems to be working correctly, except for the USB connection

From experience I know that the USB driver can problematic regardless the OS, normally I will have to replug the USB cable two or three times before it makes a successful connection.
On windows 10 is is just staying in a fault state, it shows that there is a Telemecanique BMX CPU connected with an error, attempting to update the driver just states it found the correct drivers but failed to install it.

Now that error is nothing new, the error is exactly the same when my windows 7 machine doesn't successfully connect to the PLC, but like I stated, unplugging and replugging in a few times will eventually connect correctly, but normally it will connect on first attempt.

I've run out of things to try, I've tried all the USB ports numerous times, I've tried uninstalling the driver in device manager and retrying, I even went as far as formatting my machine to ensure I didn't cause some odd driver conflict, but nothing has worked.
I contacted one of the Schneider PLC techs and he states he struggled a bit and then it just came right but wasn't sure why he had the issue or what really resolved it, and he tried basically the same as I did.

I've emailed Schneider Tech support in hope that I can get a response, but they will take a few days most likely.

I'm hoping someone here would have run into a similar issue and managed to resolve it.

2016-08-30 12_14_07-Update Driver Software - Telemecanique BMX CPU.png 2016-08-30 12_14_20-Computer Management.png 2016-08-30 12_14_28-Telemecanique BMX CPU  Properties.png 2016-08-30 12_14_43-Computer Management.png

I managed to come right with this issue, it seems the Anniversary update (launch in August) may have caused this.
I originally used a copy of windows 10 that had all the updates rolled into it, including the August updates, I managed to get another copy that had all updates till July, and now everything has been trouble free.

The M340 Connects first time regardless the USB port used, not even a 'miss connect' like I would experience on my windows 7 machine.

I still haven't heard a response from Schneider, which is frustrating. I'll post any info I get from them.

i'm also facing same issue with quantum PLC. win10 keep detecting the USB as a USB serial Device.

What's your windows build version?
I'm currently running:
-Win10 Pro Version 1511
-OS Build: 10586.499
(I'm unsure what my win10 Anniversary update build version was, but likely high number than I am currently)

I'm currently convinced that the anniversary update was causing my headaches.

i'm on Window 10 Version 1607
OS Build 14393.105

i also suspected it is due to the windows anniversary update. because the day prior to the update, everything was working perfectly.

i've already updated the windows for more then 10days so i'm unable to revert back to the previous build.(n)

I have confirmation of the Anniversary update build,
"The Anniversary Update will report itself as version 1607"

I can't believe this update is giving headaches like this, we can't be the only ones.
Schneider still has not responded to my emails, makes me wonder how long it will take to fix this.

I didn't realize that there was only 10 day roll back period, that's not a lot of time to figure out an issue like this is the updates fault. I'm glad I was starting from a fresh install when I ran into this.

I hope you manage to resolve this without having to reinstall windows >.<. A temporary fix it to run a virtual machine with unity on it and pass through the USB connection, I've had to resort to this once, it's a pain, but it works. At least you can do your initial download and then move to ethernet connectivity afterwards (if you have that luxury)
http://www.howtogeek.com/236195/how-to-find-out-which-build-and-version-of-windows-10-you-have/