windows based S5 ?

azarobi

Hi. i just need to confirm this
"is there such a thing as windows based siemens S5 software? either by siemens or a third party.?"
thank you.

Step 5 can be run on Windows systems, but the older versions have to be run in a DOS box. I use Step 5 V3.0 in a DOS box on both Win2000 Pro and WinXP Pro. The versions from V6 on are intended to be used on Windows directly.

A good third-party alternative is S5 for Windows by IBH-Softec. A demo can be downloaded there. There are others which also provide alternatives for the rather expensive original Step5. Search this forum and you'll find these.

Kind regards,

Similar Topics

Hi all, Has anyone of you used a windows based HMI? Essentially a panel computer. What I want to do is read data from a power meter, and display...
Replies
Views
Has anyone used Beckhoff or any other Windows based PAC long term (life and run time?). I'm wondering how long Windows embedded can run...
Replies
Views
Currently I am using vb.net on host computer for user interface with Twincat NC I on target PC which is C6915-0000 beckhoff windows ce based PC...
Replies
Views
Anyone know of a free windows Modbus Master application ? I'm doing a project and can't justify buying a piece of software to write a few...
Replies
Views
We had Hitachi Old PLCs H300 series which were creating problems and our machine manufacture replaced them with H302 series. With old PLC, there...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom