Windows Installer appears when starting RSLogix 500

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
Lately, I've noticed that a Windows installer balloon opens when I start RSLogix500. I'm not sure when it started, as I generally click on it then run for a coffee while waiting for it to open.

It's running on Windows XP system. The balloon appears several times during startup. RSLogix runs fine once it finally opens, but it takes a full two minutes before it's ready to run.

Any ideas as to what would cause this?

ive seen a similar issue but I cant remember if it was rslogix 5 or fasttrack siemens software that was causing the issue. If you have either of those I would try and uninstall and see what happens.

Do you have MS Office (Excel) installed on the machine?
Probably not...The RSLogix 500 Database/VB utilities are "looking" for the MS Excel installation...