WinnCC Flex OPC problem

Jack Schit

Hi,

I have added an OPC client to an existing WinCC Flex project.

Although I can see all the variables from the OPC Server it won't let me assign them to a tag. I suspect that this is because WinCC can't recognise what type of data each variable is. In the data type column for the OPC variables, it says data type unknown (at least I think it does as it's in German!). The data type from the OPC server is "Float" which should be compatible.

Any advice much appreciated as I'm out of ideas now!

Thanks

Jack

JesperMP,

Just a thought, does the fact that I can see the variables indicate that the DCOM settings etc are ok?

I'm using a Simatic Panel PC 677 and both the Server OPC and Client OPC (Wincc Flex) are running on this PC.

Thanks

Jack

Similar Topics

Hi everyone, i make a programm in WinnCc Flexible, and i have a question, i explain what i want to do: i have 6 buttons. when i press one of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just set up a trend view graph which monitors two temperatures. The log time will only let me view results as far back as 8 hours...
Replies
Views
I'm new using Wincc FLEX and I would like to know how make a start button change it's color to green when staus changes from 0 to 1. I'm using an...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to globally replace addresses on a Screen? I can't see a way to export the screen to modify in word, excel etc. I also can't see a...
Replies
Views
I've created a faceplate in WinCC flex 2008. I've written a script in it. I can run this script if I put a button in the faceplate that calls the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom