wire labeling

MNJ96

Lifetime Supporting Member
guys

i have a panel to build that has about 300 i_O some plc and some hard wired . my question is i see some people use the plc address for the wire number on plc i_0 and the line refernce for the wire number on hard wired circuits i use line reference as my page numbers also example all wires 900-999 are on page 9 of the drawing set . only using the plc i_o address would limit this function you would not know quickly on which page of the 40 page drawing set this input card or output card was on . is there anyone who see anything wrong with doing both example I:7/01-422 OR 422-I:7/01 i can fit all this on 1 label easily i am using brady id expert heat shrink markers any suggestions thoughts or comments are much appreciated

For me i would say it doesn't really matter..as long as the people who look after the system know what your intent is they can figure it out..

Thinking a little more about it perhaps the wire number should be first..becouse you have both in the same cabinet..Just one mans opinion

phil buchanan said:
Doug

Which Do You Think Is Best Address First Or Wire Number ?

Doesn't matter, as long as you are consistant. Pick one and don't change it.
Personally, I would go for Wire Number first, then IO number.

Doesn't matter just spell it out on the print. Sometimes I will just make a small note on the front page of the prints. Sometimes while looking through prints I will see a note like this. After reading the note everything comes together. So I try to always put little notes to help who ever is looking. It takes out all the guess work.

The slightest pencil mark is better than the best memory..