Wireless Remote Input

As an update on the remote idea:

After design review today with GM's controls engineers, we had an extensive discussion on the benefits vs detriments of using a remote control on this system. After some discussion it became apparent that the false sence of security and all of the potential issues with trying to implement a remote device that it would be better to use the cycle enable signals as the safety in this system. The cycle initiate for this system is a pressure pad on a safety circuit in conjunction with vehicle position sensors. If the operator feels he wants to stop the test he can put the vehicle into reverse and back off the pressure pad to shut down the sequence.

Thank you to everyone who participated in the discussion, the issues that you brought forth gave me some solid aguments in the potential issues with this control which allowed a convincing argument and a rather interesting discussion on the topic.

Thanks to you all for your input.
Regards,
Bill

I guess that would be the GOOTCS

Get Out Of The Car Stupid!!!

Just kidding the spray path only encompasses 18" from sprayhead to the door of the vehicle, then there is a 4' walkway, so getting out of the hurricane not as bad as worst case scenario in that case. Of course he will be a drowned rat afterwards, but will be a kodak moment then.