Wonderware App crashes

deljvk

Hi Everybody,

I have concern regarding client's wonderware intouch getting crashed once in a while. It gives an error log from SMC like "HL - Logging stopped -- Read error on logobj.log", "WriteRetentiveData write failed", "ReadRetentiveData read failed", etc and then it gets crash. Another thing that makes it weird is, it changes the monitor screen resolution automatically. I have attached the log file info.

Things that I have done: 1) Locked the window size of the app, 2) Run the purge all now for alarms, which works for a while and then comes back on after like 2 mos.

Current setup: 1) Trend data are inside the app folder TREND(folder), and didnt deleted anything yet since deployed 2 years ago, 2) App has 10 Historical Trend window (not sure if this matters), 3) Dell Win 7 SP1 and Intouch 10.6 R2

I have attached 1 log files; particular log that I've known causing to crash.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

jvk

Wonderware Support

Ill be honest, to fault find the logs is a nightmare.

My advice to you is contact your local Wonderware Support and get a case number. There might be a hotfix that resolves this issue already.

I would also run the app up on a different machine to see if its not OS related.

Good luck

You may have a corrupted retentive file.
Exit Intouch app...delete all the retentive files in the Intouch app folder.... restart the application.

The retentive files are named:
"retentiv.?"
The "?" is a letter for each type of retentive tag. Just delete all of them.

You may also have a corrupted log file. This means you will have to move the log files (*.lgh and *.idx) from the previous day (put them in a "store" folder) and restart Intouch.

If the Intouch app is shut down incorrectly (maybe by turning off the pc without exiting Intouch) and Intouch does not have the time to update the retentive files and close the log file down correctly, they may get corrupted.

Last edited:
You may have a corrupted retentive file.
Exit Intouch app...delete all the retentive files in the Intouch app folder.... restart the application.

The retentive files are named:
"retentiv.?"
The "?" is a letter for each type of retentive tag. Just delete all of them.

You may also have a corrupted log file. This means you will have to move the log files (*.lgh and *.idx) from the previous day (put them in a "store" folder) and restart Intouch.

If the Intouch app is shut down incorrectly (maybe by turning off the pc without exiting Intouch) and Intouch does not have the time to update the retentive files and close the log file down correctly, they may get corrupted.

Thanks for the info. Hope everything works now its been a week.