Wonderware/FTView OPC Question

creativepaper

Lifetime Supporting Member
My system consists of
Opto22 controller with Wonderware HMI. These are communicating via OPC (suitelink).
ControlLogix with FTView ME.

I would like FTView to grab some of the OPC data, but I'm currently stuck on what I would need to do this.

I have read that RSLinx lite (comes with FTView ME) does not support OPC. But I've also read that it only supports clients and not the server.

I presume that Suitelink is a proprietary wonderware server, but can I change this to DDE without changing other things and would FTView be able to access it?

I could just create a link between the Opto and the Controllogix PLC's instead, but since all the data is already in Wonderware, I thought it would be simplier/save bandwidth just taking it from the OPC server.

Cheers