Wonderware Historian/Client problem

brredden

While I was on vacation, corporate IT came into the plant and shut down our entire system. Since then, several strange things have happened with Trend.

I first noticed Trend wasn't displaying data for one of the graphs I let run constantly for operators. When I checked further I noticed Historian had been disabled. I enabled Historian only to find about a quarter of my tags still weren't displaying data on the client...but only a certain group of them. The Receiving side, which I know means nothing to you, but I'm much more of a Logix guy than a WW guy so I look at as all of my tags from the Loadout routine are trending fine. Receiving routine tags aren't doing anything.

I checked into the Diagnostics in the DAserver Manager tree and saw the tags were talking to the historian with the correct data in good quality (if I understood the hex...00C0 is the quality code). But these tags are NULL by the time they reach Trend.

I have again completely disabled Historian, stopped and restarted individual modules, and deactivated/reactivated DASABCIP.5. I've even went into the IDE and disabled historizing for some tags, deployed, enabled historizing again, deployed. None of these have helped at all. All modules are running and normal according to the SMC.

In the LogViewer, and maybe I should've said this first, I have a warning every minute since the initial problem started...
{DA_Server failed to connect to Historian [IP] (Does user account exist on Historian (InSQL) node or does Historian not exist?)}

It seems like I'm missing something stupid, but I've been looking at it for 2 days, and I need help.

Good ol' IT...

I'd check that they haven't changed any firewall options. I can't remember what ports the historian uses (check the manual) and then use a port scanner to see if it's open. There's also a windows tool called NETSTAT you can run from a command window to show active connections and open ports. Check the switch options by typing netstat /?. Not near a PC right now unfortunately!

Can you still ping your historian server from the DA Server node?