Wonderware Or RSView

I've been a Wonderware user for a long time and just started using RSView32. A couple things about RSView I really don't like...

1. Can't change a tagname after you create it.
2. String editing sucks. The string in development is longer than what it should be.
3. Numeric entry sucks. I can't seem to change the background color from the default white.
4. Can't disable (grey out) pushbuttons without alot of hassel.
5. No idirect addressing. The #Number thing is ok but not that great. The parameter editor doesn't have search and replace.
6. Customizing Historical Data/Trends is no where near Wonderware capability.
7. Lack of an alarm history without having to install an activex.
8. Slow switching screens with lots of graphics or scripts behind it.

On the pro size...
1. Resizes graphics automatically without loosing resolution.
2. Grouping objects.

DaveW;

For point 3; open your graphic, select Edit...Display Settings (you can also get here by right-clicking on an empty section of the display). On the Behaviour tab you can change colours for input fields. Same colours for all inputs on the display but you can set different colours for each display (don't expect that you will, but you can!)

For point 6; if you're talking about the "native" trend (second button from the right on the Drawing Toolbox) then I'd agree. If you use TrendX (should be on the ActiveX Toolbox, use the View menu if you don't see it) or better yet a TrendX wrapper (download from RA) then I think you get more customizing/configuration/control than anyone really needs.

Cheers