Wonderware tags

mike3475

Hi, Everyone:
I got issues with PLC5 tags with no comment, those tags connected to Wonderware server HMI, i got tags from my Wonderware develop PC by selecting the application which was already there, did DBDump in Intouch and got DB in Excel file.
but still missing many tags which possibly connected to Wonderware HMI, any possible the application in Wonderware develop PC is not current running application in the current running Wonderware Server HMI? If that is case, how to copy tags from current running Wonderware server HMI? How do i know the application in Wonderware develop PC is current running application ?
Thanks!

Last edited:
There are multiple different ways to develop and deploy Intouch applications so it's hard to answer without more details. If you can close down View on the HMI machine, you can run "Intouch" and see the application in the application manager, there will be a version number I think. You could also check the dates on the application files.

How have you determined that there are tags missing? Are there screens showing values which don't correlate with the tag database from dbdump?

You know the PLC can have many more tags / addresses defined than are being read through to Intouch, right? Its not a one to one correlation

sorry for the confused, not missing tags, it was tags without comments in PLC5 and mostly those tags are standing alone going nowhere in PLC5 program.
to be clear the develop PC isn't Wonderware server HMI PC, the develop PC and Wonderware server HMI PC are in the same sub-network.
you said that after shut down Wonderware server HMI PC, then launch "Intouch" in the develop PC and looking for the application. If I launch "Intouch" in develop PC without shut down Wonderware server HMI, what will happen? i heard from someone said if i launch "Windowmaker", sometimes will interference or shut down Wonderware server or client HMI, is that true?
Thanks!

Last edited:
sorry for the confused, not missing tags, it was tags without comments in PLC5 and mostly those tags are standing alone going nowhere in PLC5 program.
to be clear the develop PC isn't Wonderware server HMI PC, the develop PC and Wonderware server HMI PC are in the same sub-network.
you said that after shut down Wonderware server HMI PC, then launch "Intouch" in the develop PC and looking for the application. If I launch "Intouch" in develop PC without shut down Wonderware server HMI, what will happen? i heard from someone said if i launch "Windowmaker", sometimes will interference or shut down Wonderware server or client HMI, is that true?
Thanks!

Maybe the tags are used for "storage" in the PLC, of data entered from Intouch and used by Intouch.
I have found that "retentive" setting on a memory tag in Intouch is a gamble, not near reliable. So I let the PLC store those functions that are important.
I store ascii text there and certain analog values.

I build a #.csv file during a process. It has a header and a name. The name and number of the CSV file and the bits that are set on what goes in the header are also stored in the PLC, mainly so they are still available on any restart of Intouch.

Last edited: