Wrong format datablocks values in Excel

mulderm

Hello,

When I copy the start values from a DB to an Excel sheet the format is wrong.
I changed the format options in Excel but won't help.
Can everybody help me how to solve this?
Thanks.

Values wrong format.jpg

Have you tryed to paste without formatting to excel or paste 1st to notepad and then copy/paste to excel?

Copy/paste worked ok for me. Selected rows in DB, copy, selected row in Excel (blank worksheet), Paste

xcl.jpg

Last edited:
Was pasting to notepad also wrong format and dot on wrong places?

Siemens sometimes have copied DB symbols and data to single line.
Copy / paste commands again or restarting TIA have solved problem at that time.

If it is new problem and have worked before, what changes / installation have done.

It can e comma / dot settings.
I would try also to openoffice calc.

Lare,
When I paste to notepad then it is ok and
have the same format.
When I copied from notepad to paste in Excel then I have the same problem.
Maybe some settings in Excel?

Definitly something on excel then.

Pasting first to notepad and copying from notepad to excel should make same than pasting directly to excel without formatting choice. (notepad is only text and special formating and characters is lost after copying text again from notepad.)

Are cells marked to text on excel sheet before copyinf there.
Also you should check dot / comma choice from windows regional settings.
What happens if you copy also others rows same time to excel. (Not only start values data row)

Lare,
In excel I format the range of the cells
to text and then paste the values again and then it is ok.
Strange way but it works, the values of the db have now the same format in Excel. Thnx for the help.

That is little bit strange if excel sheet is new.
What if you create new excel sheet. Is there still need of change colum format before pasting?

It should work if you select cell format to numbers before paste or paste without format.
Excel sometimes wants to autocorrect cells to date type and then numbers go wrong.

Is it some kind of error caused by switching of comma and period as number dividers? There are lots of things that could be correct, and I think excel could be using a different one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_separator#/media/File:Thousands_separators.gif

Based on what I see though, it looks like the excel formatting is demanding 3 decimals somehow, regardless of what numbers you paste in. Never seen that before.