WW Intouch Scripts ScrollBars

SkyTech

Hi everyone!

I am using diferente windows sizes on my aplication, and some of them need horizontal and vertical scrollbars for the user to be able to see the entire content of that window.

I found some information on the web in the TechNote429 but i cant put it working but everytime i write down the script it comes with the error "Expected Assigment" and i cant finish it.
The scripts is the following:

"Horizontal_Position = #HorzScrollBar.Value;
MoveWindow( WindowName, 0 - Horizontal_Position, 0 - Vertical_Position, ThisWindowWidth, ThisWindowHeight);
"

If anyone knows how to solve this or a better way to do it please helpe me out!
icon10.gif

I've never attempted to do this because it is such a bad idea from a design standpoint. Create your windows to fit your display or figure out your scripting error. When you get the "Expected Assignment" error, your cursor should move to the location in which you have made an error in creating the script. Sounds like perhaps you are copying an example script without creating the necessary tags for the script to actually run.

This is from the WonderWare help:
WWMoveWindow.jpg

Below is an example of a script I have used. This will move the window to the left by 460 pixels.

WWMoveWindow("WindowName", -460,5,2724, 647);

This can be useful if you want a window to have more graphic elements on it than can be displayed within a normal screen size. The data contained in the window that is off screen continues to update so when you scroll over there is no I/O update delay. It is also quicker than bouncing between 2 windows. I've only done this in a couple of applications where it made sense. It's another tool to have in your toolbox.

The error your getting is because you have text in the instruction that the software thinks should be tags but you haven't defined them as tags. You can use either numbers or memory tags and load values into the tags using more scripting. I use tags.