Yamatake SDC25 as a high/low temp alarm

jantoine

Hi gang,

I am trying to locate the parameter(s) I would need to adjust an SDC25 set up as an on/off high temp alarm; that is paired up with another SDC25 set up as a PID temp controller. It seems that when the tank temp reaches the designated upper range limit the heating elements cut off and stay off. The original intent was to have the elements turn off at the upper limit but fire up when the tank reached the designated lower limit. This is an event/parameter/setup scenario. Any ideas?

Thanks,

JJA

I have the yamatake manual (in printed form) But unfortuneately its at work. and I am home now for the weekend. So best I can do is have a look on monday for you. I do have the software package that i could send you if you require it. It has help files that could guide you. Judging by what you have stated it seems that the high point alarm has been reached and thus alarm is retentative and should be turned to non retentative
Regards Badger

Thank you Badger. I looked at the events programmed into the SDC25 and discovered that the Controller is set up as an on/off device with the limit violations sent to the PLC as an external input. It's the PLC program that is acting on this info.