Yaskawa MP2300siec program upload

TimWilborne

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got a Yaskawa MP2300siec motion controller and the Motionworks Pro software but I can't seem to figure out how to upload the program out of the controller.

Anyone got any experience with these?

Thanks
TW

I've used the MP2600 drive with Motionworks Pro, which is essentially the same.
Once communications are established, click online, then
click on "Project Control". That opens a box with several commands, one of which is upload. This box is where you download, stop the program and start the program. HINT: If you stop the program use the warm start function, otherwise the axis variable is corrupted if cold started.

I think I am still missing something. How do I establish communications. Also I don't have an offline project file. Do I need to create one first?

Thank you for you help.
TW

Can you upload the file if you don't have the offline project?
That will depend if the prior programmer performed a source download. This may not be the best method, but it has worked for me:

1) Create a new project for the controller you are using.
2) Go to the Hardware tab near the lower left
3) Find the Resource folder in the hardware tab window
4) Right click Resource and choose settings
5) Change the port to DLL and make sure TCP/IP is selected
6) Set the IP Address of the controller.
7) Click OK to get back to main work area
8) Open the Project Control dialog
9) Click Upload
10) Try to upload the source

This is mostly from memory, so hopefully I didn't miss any important steps.

Hey Archie

Thanks for your help. I followed the instructions but the Upload button is grayed out. See attached image. Does that mean he didn't perform a source download?

Thanks
TW

noupload.png

I followed the instructions but the Upload button is grayed out Does that mean he didn't perform a source download?
Not 100% sure, but I'm quite certain that means the source was not downloaded. I see the other options are available which means you did get a successful connection to the controller.

By default MotionWorks does not download the source so, many people forget or under value the importance of doing that.

Got a hold of the programmer and he sent me the zwt file.

But just for future reference am I understanding that if the source is not downloaded and you don't have the project or zwt files then you pretty much have not way of uploading and editing what is in the controller?

Thanks
TW

But just for future reference am I understanding that if the source is not downloaded and you don't have the project or zwt files then you pretty much have no way of uploading and editing what is in the controller?
Yes. MotionWorks is a spawn of MultiProg software which is a compiled program (as opposed to interpreted). In order to view or monitor the program, it requires the source code.

I always try to help out fellow/future programmers by making sure I download the source to the controller after downloading changes. This also applies to CodeSys/TwinCAT programs.

OK thanks for the tip.

One other thing. I'm getting an error that my PLCOpen_Toolbox_V021 library has changed but not been compiled yet...I see how to compile worksheets, but how do I compile the library?

One other thing. I'm getting an error that my PLCOpen_Toolbox_V021 library has changed but not been compiled yet...I see how to compile worksheets, but how do I compile the library?
Hmmm... that one I'm not sure about. Can you open the library directly and perform a build?

Just out of curiosity, what application is the controller used on? I've only worked with one of these controllers and it was on a robotic welding cell.

It is a 5 axis servo. Three following 1 and 1 independent axis.

I'm as green as can be with this software. I opened up the library and it looks like it has a dependency of Math_Toolbox_v003.mwt which I don't have. I wonder if that is a custom library or something from Yaskawa?

That was what I needed.

Now I'm struggling what I would think would be simple. I need to change the resolution on an encoder but I cant find where you configure the axis.

Found the "Launch Hardware Configuration" button. Could they have hidden that button any better?

Thank you for helping me out Archie