Yaskawa P1000

I know this is not strictly a PLC question but here goes.
I have a Yaskawa P1000 drive that is configured to be switched from local to remote via a terminal input(#5). The drive is configured as two wire with reverse operation disabled. While in remote, the drive is configured to accept reference and run from terminals. When in local via terminal 5 (Jumpered to terminal 4 configured for alternate reference) the configuration receives reference from the keypad and run from terminal input. BTW this drive's inputs have been set up as sinking. When switching to local, the drive does not start as desired even though all inputs are valid for it to do so. It does accept reference from the keypad, and can only be started by the keypad even though the configuration says different.

Any help would be appreciated as Yaskawa says this should work though it does not on several new units being configured in our shop.

Hello

What parameters are you using?
Have you checked parameters b1-07, b1-15 & b1-16
Check how parameter b1-07 is setup, (=0) the run command is switched from local to remote when the drive is running the drive will not start and will stop. You will need to remove the run command then reapply.

Hope This Helps
Tom

Ok, the parameters were all set properly according to the manual and Yaskawa tech support. They say it should work but it does not on three new drives.
B1-07 = 1
B1-15 = 0
B1-16 = 1
Originally had terminal S4 set to allow "LOCAL/REMOTE" selection and S5 set for "ALTERNATE REFERENCE".
When the drive is in "LOCAL" it absolutely will not allow a start from the terminals so I removed the S4 "LOCAL/REMOTE" selection.
This is how I had to set it up because when in "LOCAL" it absolutely would not start from the run terminal "S1". The drive now always stays in "REMOTE" and the HOA switch on the panel only sets the alternate reference terminal and provides the start signal which starts the drive and allows reference to be entered from the keypad instead of following the analog input.
I still have not found the reason why it will not accept a start from the terminals when in "LOCAL", but the problem is solved as far as the customer is concerned.
Thanks for the replies, and if anyone knows how to do what I originally intended, please let me know.