ZEN V2 help - cycle testing

luis_m

Hi guys, im doing a cycle test and any help programming my Zen v2 would be greatly appreciated. I am very new to the PLC world.

I need to program 3 actuators that would go off in a sequence. I am connecting two proximity sensors so actuator 2 will not execute its process until the actuator 1 is done. Then actuator 3 will follow and then repeat until 1560 cycles are done.

Thanks

IMG_20110912_154109.jpg

Luis,

Because the ZEN has Counters, I think you should a counter to activate your program until 1560 counts are seen. Here is a rough beginning. Fill in the Inputs to make it work.
ZEN PROGRAM
| ??? ACTUATOR 1 |
|----|/|--------------------( Q0 )------|
| |
| I1 PROXIMITY SW. ACTUATOR 2 |
|----| |--------------------( Q1 )------|
| |
| I2 PROXIMITY SW. ACTUATOR 3 |
|----| |--------------------( Q2 )------|
| |
| Q2 COUNTER 0 |
|----| |--------------------( C0 )------|
| |

Last edited:
Sorry Lancie, didn't see that you had posted a rough sketch of the program with the counter and I had posted mine.

Well I added the counter to it, can you let me know if this will work?

My 3rd actuator is going to be pulling down my test specimen and will release at a certain psi(Mpa).

Thank you.

Zen program(2).jpg

Luis,

On Rung 0, you really do not need the Q0 contact to the left of the Q0 output. It will work much better if you leave this contact out. This applies to Q1 on Rung 3 and Q2 on Rung 6, and the C0 contacto on Rung 8.

What you might need on Rung 3 is a Q0 contact (instead of the Q1). This would cause the rung to wait until Q0 is enabled before energizing Q1. That would be a kind of protection in case the I1 prox switch failed.

You might need on Rung 6 is a Q1 contact (instead of the Q2).

Last edited:
hi
I have a zen plc omron that idont know its password .do you have a map to reset pass without i clear its program.
pls help me... 🤞🏻

From Page 55 of the ZEN Software Manual:
4-3 Protecting Programs
This section describes how to protect ZEN programs from intentional or unintentional alteration by other users. Protected ZEN programs cannot be altered until the protection is removed and the protection
can only be removed if the password is input correctly. For these reasons, care must be taken when using program protection. The ZEN must be connected and online before program protection can be executed.

The password is 4 digits, anything from 0000 to 9999. If your program is very valuable, you could always try all 10000 combinations, I think you could probably reprogram it in the same amount of time it will take to figure out the password.