GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC cable ?

hinddhindsa

Dear friends i have GE Fanuc 90-30 series Power supply unit IC693PWR321Z with CPU IC693CPU313X that is 5 slot base-plate.I need to make a communication cable for it. Please help me.thanks in advance.

RussB, Simply please explain me how can i make this cable to get the back up program.I Have SNP, RS 422, RS232 to USB. plz help.

In an emergency this "Cheater" cable can be built to use the 15pin RS-485 port directly to a 9pin RS-232 port or USB to RS-232 adapter without a mating RS-485 port.

You may need to hire a technician to help with this.

2013-05-21_164821.jpg

Last edited:
time out

i am selecting com port 1,baud rate 19200, and stop bits 1 in Target of proficy machine edition.do i need to change the baud rate , parity and stop bits at com port 1 of computer also.and i had download serial communication test also,it was not available in my software.so when i run serial communication test it shows serial port 6, serial port 7 instead of serial port 1 why it shows like that ?.

Sorry if I do not fully understand what you are trying to tell us.

Serial communications are quite generic but very exact.
You MUST match EVERYTHING at both ends AND have a proper cable.
Once you do this it will work.
No one can tell you what or why your system does what it does from a distance. You need to verify everything from your end.

All I can do is make suggestions and tell you what the "defaults" are.

Have you verified everything, multiple times?
Where are your discrepancies?
Have you considered a broken port on one end?

Relevant details may be helpful too.

Since you have neither the software nor the cable I suggest you contact whoever sells GE Automation products in your country. Perhaps they will be willing to come to your facility and help you to make backups of your PLC programs. They will be more willing to help if you purchase something from them.

Hi

dear friends , i got the proficy machine edition v7.00 (build 5517) trial version , which is for 4 days. as per the above drawings, cable is ready.
i am now near to do the uploading from PLC, anybody knows the steps to do so ?.
Thanks.