get the highest value

Because I seldom use the FSC instruction I spent a few minutes taking a look. Having a 1756-L61 for a desk toy is great !

The SRT instruction in ControlLogix has no ascending/descending options: it always places the largest value in the last index.

FSC is really a little embedded FOR loop with a comparison expression. The function of the .IN bit can trip you up if you have not used it before.

This should do what OP wants:

Excellent programming!!!

guys thank you very much i really appreciate your help i will try all the ideas and will see also

user L33er i couldnot open the Findmax program zip file it shows error when i am trying to extract all

yes i did but it didnt ask for password when i download it. but when i tried to ectract it it gave me an error.

i might be missing a step ?

That's because you are using windoze zipper.
Do any of these terms ring a bell: Kodak moment, Xerox copy, Googling, Winrar, Winzip, 7-Eleven, 7-zip?