Highest Value

input card is 1762-IF4.
Setting for card are: filter = none, 130ms update
input range = 4 to 20 mA
Data Format= Raw/Proportional

Now I have an ac motor 3 phase. I have an AC Current Transducer with 1 leg of motor voltage running through ring. The jumper on my transducer is set to 0-10 amps.

On the SCP Input is reading 17845
In min should be what?
In max should be what?
Scaled min is 0
Scaled max is 10

When input reading is at 17845 my amp clamp meter reads 1.2 amps

Application is on a motor that holds a tool to cut metal. When tool is getting dull the amps should rise and then operator can change tool. Simple right?

See picture below for the data format for your card.

With the info you have given:

Input Min = 6241
Input Max = 31206

Scaled Min = 0
Scaled Max = 10

A count value of 17845 would = about 4.65 amps with the info you provided. Double check the actual ma signal going to the analog card. ( put a meter in series with it.
A milliamp signal into your analog card of 11.4 ma would give you about 17845 counts.

dataformatIF4.jpg

Last edited:
Mathematically, that is correct. You really need to know how many milliAmperes are at the Analog Input. If everything there is correct, then you will have to look at the Current Sensor/Transmitter.

Stu....

Jimmy,

In your SCP instruction in Lad 10, Rung 5 your scaled output max is set to 2.0, but you said your current transducer was set for 0-10 amps at 4-20ma, correct? So that should be set to 10.0

I also noticed that your analog input was addressed as I:5.0 and that in the input data table the 1762-IF4 card was addressed to seven input words? (I:5.0 through I:5.6) Also, the input word I:5.0 is only used in Lad 10, rung 2, for the GRT and MOV instructions, but in the data table, the individual bits in that word are given descriptions fitting discrete inputs like prox's, limit switches, etc. Are there actually devices wired into a digital input card, or has the analog card replaced an input card in slot 5 recently and the descriptions just never got removed?

My concern is that you might be monitoring the wrong channel for your tool load.

Yes good catch on the Scaled Max. I knew it should have been 10. I have been moving so many numbers around I must have left it incorrect.

Where should I be capturing the data from my input card?