You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

Old June 11th, 2021, 03:08 AM   #1
rQx
Lifetime Supporting Member
Sweden

Et200 eco pn

Hi,

I'm thinking of using the ET200 ECO PN system on an upcoming project. What is there to consider when using this? It seems pretty straight forward, ethernet and power cable to the modules and just plug the M12 in and off you go. Can I use the same switch as I have between HMI and PLC?

/Tim
Old June 11th, 2021, 04:14 AM   #2
JesperMP
Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Denmark

I have no experience with ET200 ECO but I am sure you can use the same switch as you use with the HMI and the PLC.

You might consider what topology is the smartest, so that if one device is down (i.e. the HMI) it does not affect the other parts (i.e. the PLC CPU or the IO).
If you have a star topology with the switch in the middle, it is simple since then only the switch is critical.

Dont use the cheapest switch you can find even if it is 'industrial' grade.
Minimum is an unmanaged switch from one of the big automation players.
Old June 11th, 2021, 08:25 AM   #3
Keta-
Finland

I have used the ET200 eco pn input modules in few projects. They have been on use for ~2 years now no problems. Also we have used the Eco pn fail safe modules no problems yet.. Super easy to use and configure.
Old June 11th, 2021, 03:19 PM   #4
RVaughan
United States

One of the big US automakers specifies ET200Pro controllers and I/O in their powertrain plants. Thousands of cards in operation now.
There is a VFD in that form factor, 1.1kW only. They have an IP65 switch in the same line, called SCALANCE XP.

I have no idea of the failure rate, the electricians don't seem to complain.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum