Control Logix Set Value Via Webpage

Greg Dake

Greetings,

Do you remember with the SLC 5/05 processors you could open the webpage at the IP address of the processor and navigate to a tab which allowed you to either read or set a value in the processor? I believe N7:0 was set as a default address you could read/write a value to. You could make more available by updating the table in the processor.

Anyway, is there any way to do this similar thing with a L83E processor and EN2T card in the rack? I looked around on the web interface and don't see anything similar. I've got a temporary situation where I'd like to use this if I can.

TIA,

Greg

I don't if this is possible directly to the web server in the processor. If it is a temporary solution, maybe you can use Softing's dataFEED middleware which is a logix client that can map logiix tags onto its webserver allowing you to see processor tags with a wen browser

This is not an option in the Logix platform.

If you are simply looking for a way to write values to tags without opening LogixDesigner, then look into AdvancedHMI. A user posted a "simple web server" control.

I have a simple django example for use with pylogix. I can probably adapt it to where you have an IP address entry, tag name and value field, then buttons to read/write.

You used to be able to do this through the 1756-EWEB module. That module was essentially an ENBT with a web server. It allows you to create data entry fields to view/modify specific tags from a web browser. The web page for the CPU or for the EN2T don't offer this.

I think that module has been discontinued though.

OG

Last edited: