Rslogix 5000 SCL online programming

Kansas Tech

Hello all,

I was trying to do some online programming on a AB control logix PLC v20. I added a new function block routine and added in an SCL instruction. I then tied the input pin to an analog input (the data type for this tag was INT). I then created a new tag (real data type) for my output and tied it to the output tag.

I then set the SCL instructions Max’s and Min’s and dropped the edits into the program. I could not get anything on the output of the SCL instruction, but I could see the input reference changing.

I then deleted what I had done and created two new tags (both real data type) and tied one to the input and the other to the output. I then dropped this edit into the program and manually changed my input tag value. This also did not give my scaled value on my output tag.

Am I missing something? Do I possibly need to download the project to the proc instead of online editing?