MicroLogix 1100

Prayder

Lifetime Supporting Member
I currently have a Micrologix 1100 Ser A that is continually faulting out and I am wanting to install the program into a brand new Micrologix 1100 Ser B out of the box. I have changed the controller to the correct series and when I try to download the to the new controller it says that current settings do not match system settings and it shows the current driver as AB_ETHIP-1 and driver current on the machine to be AB_DF1-2 and then asks me if I want to replace project settings with current settings.... Long story short.. I can download the program to the new MicroLogix 1100 but the communications protocols revert back to AB_DF-2 and will not accept the AB_ETHIP-1 driver...

ok... so what would cause me not to be able to connect to the controller through Ethernet once the program has been downloaded? I can still connect through the DF1-2 but not Ethernet.

Go back online thru the serial port and check the Ethernet's port settings.

Make any necessary changes.

Go back online thru the serial port and check the Ethernet's port settings.

Make any necessary changes.

That is what I am saying... once I connect through Serial and view the settings the Ethernet IP settings under controller properties is still set to the DF1-2 and you can't change them while online with the controller. When I do change them and download to the controller they revert back to the DF1-2 driver..

That is what I am saying... once I connect through Serial and view the settings the Ethernet IP settings under controller properties is still set to the DF1-2 and you can't change them while online with the controller. When I do change them and download to the controller they revert back to the DF1-2 driver..

Can you post a screen shot of what you are talking about?

If the Ethernet settings are what you want them set for then go to RSLinx and get connected to your processor using the Ethernet driver. Then open RSLogix 500 open the program file, then click on "Comms" then "Who Active Go Online" select your controller and go online. Save the program, the next time you open RSLogix you should see the Ethernet path. If this is your problem.

It sounds as if your new program may have a different IP address configured for the PLC itself. In the Project Explorer, look under Channel Configuration, and compare to the old uLogix serA. The IP address in these processors is downloaded with the program.

On a side note, what kind of "faulting out" are you seeing on the old PLC? If it is a software fault, i.e. something in the code, then there is a very good chance the shiny new PLC is going to have the same problem.

The issue on the old PLC was a fault that said: A minor error bit is set at the end of the scan. Refer to S:5 minor error bits. So after researching that issue while waiting on responses at the original post I found a fix and actually fixed the issue I was having originally. Thank you for all the responses, hopefully in the future I won't have this issue.