S7-313C - Input/Output problem

supporter

Hi Guys,

This is a very basic question for experienced Siemens programmers (normally I program Mitsubishi PLC's). We have a Siemens 313C-2DP CPU with integrated Inputs/Outputs (DI16/DO16). When I create a project I see that the inputs are assigned IB124/125 and QB124/125.

The problem is that I want to monitor one of these inputs (using a VAT-object). If I set the input (using 24 V on the input pin) the LED is lit. However, when I monitor I124.0 (or IB124) the change of the input is not detected. What am I doing wrong?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Hi Weo,

No, M is connected from the power supply to M on the card. The LED is lit so it seems to be OK, or?

Any other suggestions? :)

1. Open HW config in online and look to IO.
2. I amn't sure but it seems I had similar problem some years ago. I amn't sure can be input visible as Ix.y if it's assigned to positioning or counting. Unfortunately, I cann't remember now details.:(

What do you see in HW online monitor/modify? There you can see physical input status. Did you applied 24V to another inputs belonging to this PIB?

Last edited:
Did you click the 'glasses' button to go online? The status window should strobe green and read online or something similar.
vat.jpg

MonitorS7.jpg

Right click to your DI24/DO16 in online HW config. Select Monitor/Modify. You can see PIB state when I/O display is checked.