WonderWare Trending - late values

bulletin blues

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have 5 tags that are all triggered to change in a ControlLogix at the same time. These same values are also objects in Archestra System Platform, which have the history extension enabled. Roughly, I have a coil complete trigger in the PLC which updates time, total length, good length, scrap length and bar-code value. When viewing historical data, I can open a trend in WW Historian Client and add these objects, then select "past week" and then right click the trend and select Data Log - Wide format. This gives me a nice log of all those values in a spreadsheet form, EXCEPT, every now and then one of the values will be updated a tenth of a second later than the other values and will create a separate row for that value, which can be somewhat confusing. I've tried using the WW Query program to align all the values, but I'm not too familiar with SQL. I'm not sure if this is something I need to change in the WW historical setting, or something that could be cleaned up in the WW Query program. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Have you tried using the Active Factory add in for excel. This way you can define exactly how you want to see the values out of the Historian and at what intervals.

Also when you right click save data it actually doesnt show you all the values but looks at x amount of points over a certain period. Not the best way to get your data but not what trend is for.

Your other option is using the Query tool. It builds the queries by doing simple selection. These are installed as part of Historian Client and should already be on your machine.

Be sure to select Full retrieval to see all data points.

Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply.

Using the Query tool, what is happening is, when the data changes, then I get a new row at say (time) 12:31:137. This creates a new row, which only changes the first value, but leaves the old values for the other tags. At 12:31:422, another row is created, which reflects the first value change and the next two values are updated. At 12:31:809, another row is created, which updates the final value, so the entire row is completed and correct. So, when I'm looking at 100 changes, I see 300 rows with with mixed data. I need to look for the last state change to get an accurate view. I set the force storage to give me a clean row every x minutes (which doesn't stagger the update time,) but now I'm storing a bunch of duplicate rows. I think I can just set up my own table to store the values on a data change event, but it seems like using the historian for this is ideal, if I could get it configured properly. Thanks again.