Wonderware different resolutions

Snap25

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm designing an HMI application on my laptop (1920x1080) and the panel PC's resolution is 1024x768. Is the best practice to just temporarily reduce the resolution on my development laptop to match the panel PC that will be running the application?

That is the least painful way.

New versions allow you to leave the resolution locked, on the application properties IIRC correctly. There is also an .ini file hack you could do too. I say hack because it never worked very well for me.

Indeed

Indeed, Like Paully said =>

Check this:
http://logicupdates.blogspot.be/2012/04/using-scaleforresolution0.html

By adding ScaleForResolution = 0, you can click Yes when the application asks for conversion, it will actually change the Intouch resolution, but not scale or stretch your Windowmaker application. If you don't add this line in the Intouch.Ini file, then your Intouch application windows can be destroyed in a sence of speaking by ugly stretching and scaling.

Kind regards,
G

I just found out that the Wonderware application will be going on a Lab computer as well as the panel PC. Each display has a different resolution.. Would I be better of making the application on the better of the two resolutions and then converting it down to the lower resolution to put i on the other screen?

I develop in VMs. I have a VM at 1024x768 and then "scale it up" to be fullscreen so it stretches all the way on my second monitor - then it's not too bad.

Of course, if it's your base, you just change resolution but that's not very fun...

I started developing my windows in 1024x768 in ArchestrA IDE. My plan is to then publish the intouch application to run on a stand alone PC. I published it and changed my resolution on my PC to the 1440x900. I changed my ScaleToResolution = 0 and I opened the application. I clicked to change the resolution from 1024x768 to 1440x900 and everything looked the same but i just had blank spots that filled the void....It doesnt expand and cover the whole screen.

I dont want to develop this application twice to fit two different screens! If I start the development in the higher of the two resolution is it easier to scale down then to scale up? and is changing my ScaleToResolution to 0 not fit what im trying to do here?

Last edited:
I also use 1024x768 as a base resolution for my WW apps.
I just change the resolution on my desktop or laptop to match when I am developing.