1747-ke 5/03 - Df!

Joe_WaZoo

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I have an AB 5/03 PLC that has the DF1 connected to an HMI. I have purchased a 1747-KE card for that rack that I thought I could take the DH485 out of the 5/03 and the 1747-KE would convert that to DF1 so that I would get another DF1 port out of my PLC rack. Has anyone done that? Does there seem to be some ladder logic that I need to write to make this happen? Any advice you could give would be great.

Regards,
Joe_WaZoo

What is the pin-out of the 1747-C13 cable that will allow me to connect to my 5/03 DH485 connection? Can I use an Ethernet cable with RJ45 connections to go between these two ports?

Thanks,
Joe_WaZoo

Success!! I got this to work today. My SLC 5/03 had the DF1 port connected to an HMI. The 1747-KE card was placed in an unused slot on the same rack with a short standard Ethernet cable going from the DH485 port on the 5/03 over to the DH485 port on the 1747-KE. I then had another DF1 cable connected to a DataStation Plus product that put that DF1 on Ethernet for "pass-through" comms to occur from my Laptop with RS_500 to that SLC. This was one of some cool things I got going today.

Joe_WaZoo