so i can read the data off the plc direct

support

you say it supports any runtime

does it support port 800 and 801

as when it runs on the same pc it uses port 801

and when it uses the plc it uses port 800

Archie,

I understand your thinking completely.

Did you consider offering two versions? One for what you have called the hobbyist market, the other as a viable sellable product with such capabilities as OPC. As you are aware, if you are an OPC client, then you won't have to expend time creating drivers in that they are already created through the server product for KepserverEX.

On the otherhand, going that route, you would be competing with many larger companies with deeper pockets.

Client Ace is a .net toolkit for creating an Application Programming Interface (API) and provides users of languages such as C# and Visual Basic .NET with a simple, intuitive and optimized class library to quickly develop OPC client applications for accessing OPC servers.

I have not yet taken a look at your HMI to see how it compares with others. If it is as good as advertised, then you could have a larger market, if you expand the capabilities and invest in the product.

Not being familiar with your story either, I don't know if this is a career path you are in the process of creating or just a hobby.

I guess the question to ask is...

Is there a bigger market for your product if you expand its capabilities?

Shalom and God Bless,

so do you know of any other type of salution that can get me to the end product im looking for?o_O
If you know how to program Visual Basic, you can use the .NET driver from Beckhoff. It is a free driver available from Beckhoff.

You can get it from here:

http://www.beckhoff.com/english/twincat/twincat_ads_communication_library.htm?id=511051304

http://www.beckhoff.com/english/download/supplement_com.htm?id=71004577100492

You can find the documentation here:

http://www.beckhoff.com/english/download/software.htm

Hi Archie,

I've downloaded the BETA302 and I mis a few controls.
These are:
- alarmgrid
- annunciator
- keypad
- motor
- pilotlight
- thermometer (although I don't REALLY mis this one)
- windows open and close button

Are they no longer supported, or did my download go wrong (3 times)?

Don't think Archie is around at the moment. I can answer the Keypad question, it now automatically appears as needed if you click on a value.

Sorry, I didn't know that. I'm not that frequent visitor on this (or any) forum :oops:.

What about the other components. Can I just take the corresponding .vb file from version 1 and copy it to version 302?

Nothing to be sorry about. I am guessing that he is either very busy or having a well deserved break. I don't know the answer to your question or why Archie didn't include them in the new version. Best I can suggest is to make a copy of your project and try copying them over, see if it works. It is part of the fun of an open source software project, you get to be part of things. Or keep going with the old version till Archie is back in action.

What about the other components. Can I just take the corresponding .vb file from version 1 and copy it to version 302?

You can import them into 302, but it's a little more than just importing the .vb file. You also need the images that go with the control that you are importing. They need to be added as resources in the project properties.

When I did this (on a previous project), I created folders just like Archies: Controls and Resources. Then I added the controls and images to their respective folders. And lastly I went into the properties of my project and added the images to the resources tab.

Thanks guys,

You were very helpfull. It looks like it works. But I still don't understand why these controls were left out with the latest version. But it is a great way to force yourself to go into the project and actually learn something đź“š

Connecting to compactlogix plc.

Has anyone successfully connected to a compactlogix plc?. I am using the latest advancedhmi and VB.net 2010 express. Dropped a simple indicator on the form along with the clx com, set the plc ip added the tag name to 'tag' on the indicator and hit play. No action from the indicator. I installed this simple app on a machine with rslinks pro in case that was needed and got the same result. The video made this look real simple on a SLC, so im sure its something simple im missing. I also noticed that it always drops the twincat com on the form every time I compile. Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sorry for the delayed response on questions. I was tied up for 5 very long days on a machine conversion. On a good note, this project used AdvancedHMI with a MicroLogix 1400, so I added some more features that will be included in the next release.

I've had several people ask about the missing components in the latest release. The main reason they are gone was that I ran out of time to convert them to the new code structure used by version 3. As Dustin points out, most of them can be imported from the old version. They just will not have the new, more stable, code structure. I do have plans to get them converted as soon as my schedule eases up.

sccoupe... Did you add the ControlLogix driver before adding any components? If not, you can change the commcomponent property to point to the ControlLogix driver. Also do you have the ProcessorSlot property set? RSLinx is not required unless you try the OPC driver. Although for the Ethernet drivers, RSLinx can run simultaneously, but not necessary.