AMCI Servo Motor

Brendana22

We are currently experiencing a fault on 1 of the 3 stepper motors, keying mismatch fault. The stepper motor is SMD23E2-240A-M12S. We bought the machine used and they didn't have this issue. I replaced the stepper motor, gearbox, ethernet cable, and power cable. We are still getting the same fault every time. I also disabled keying inside the program to see if that would fix it and I got a connection fault then.

The fault can happen within in a minute or could happen after running for 8 hours. I called the manufacture, they said it could be grounding or noise. I completely moved the cable from any other noise and installed one of their OEM ethernet cables. Any ideas what to try?

First place I would look when getting intermittent issues like this is the PLCs web page. Put the L16's IP address in your web browser, check the diagnostic overview and the application connections page. Look for missed/rejected packets, FSC/alignment errors, etc. Maybe post screenshots of those pages.

When you open the properties of the motor in the I/O tree, connection tab, is unicast checked or unchecked?

I also got ahold of the manufacture yesterday, told them issue was still happening they had me change the ip address of the servo. I changed the ip address of the one I am having a issue with and I was able to run it for 4 hours with no issue. I don't have my hopes up high yet cause it can happen at anytime.

Ooh, look at all of that information! Is the new IP address 192.168.1.12? In my experience, the only acceptable number of missed packets is zero. Is the motor baud rate configurable? In almost all cases, it should be auto negotiate.

Is there a network diagram? Is this one switch (what type), or are there multiples chained together?

The first servo IP is 192.168.1.14, second is 192.168.1.15 those are the ones I changed. The third is 192.168.1.12. The PLC IP is 192.168.1.1 The motor is not baud rate configurable.

The switch is a Stratix 2000 1783-US8T. One this network there is the old controller which is a SLC 500 1746-P2 which it is only using IO for mac valves and heaters. I just installed a L30ER controller which is the main controller to see if that would change anything. Then there is 3 of the servo motors.

With the L30ER I don't have any packets losses but it did fault out on the same thing.