Are there anyone else that will be using the new IM151-8 CPU ?

It just dawned on me that you are using the F safety CPU and not the regular CPU. It is possible that the safety functions require so much memory. Personally I have no experience with configuring F CPUs.
How complex is the safety part of your project ?

well, we want to make a new project with 4 IM151-8 in it, but what i don't know yet if i can make a network between them... that's my only concern.
If that network can be done, (for data exchange and so on) then I will be using 4 of them in about a couple of months.

sapoleon said:
well, we want to make a new project with 4 IM151-8 in it, but what i don't know yet if i can make a network between them... that's my only concern.
If that network can be done, (for data exchange and so on) then I will be using 4 of them in about a couple of months.
Between IM151-8 stations you should use S7 connections and PUT/GET blocks.
The IM151-8 has total 12 connections of which you can use 10 for S7 connections.

well, with that said, it's not going to be a problem then :)
I started yesterday, and I am struggling to add the DI/DO to the CPU...
I make a HW configuration, added the CPU, but it doesn't seems to let me add IOs... well, I will call Siemens later.

sapoleon said:
well, with that said, it's not going to be a problem then :)
I started yesterday, and I am struggling to add the DI/DO to the CPU...
I make a HW configuration, added the CPU, but it doesn't seems to let me add IOs... well, I will call Siemens later.
Next time, start a new thread.

I think your problem is that you havent added a PM power module in slot # 4.
Leave slot # 3 empty.
For your first encounter with ET200S you really must read the manuals closely. The Lego-brick nature of this system means that there are confusingly many aspects to understand and to make decisions about.

Thanks Jesper,
I will try that, I am also starting to read the manual.

btw, I state the problem as a comment, not really a request for help... (not just now). I normally try to solve things in house or with the representatives before posting for help.

Thanks again.

Hi,

Just starting a project using the IM151-8 PN/DP CPU, (128kB v2.7)
Seem´s that you cannot pack adresses of IO cards that you place in the "main-rail" after CPU?
Normally if you add lets say two 4DI cards these occupy IB0 and IB1, but if you highlight the modules you can choose to pack adresses so they only occupy the 8 bits in IB0.

When I add a Profinet node and add my modules it works like normal, addresses can be packed.

Anyone with experiences?

I just got the answer my question.
It´s NOT possible to pack adresses on cards that are placed after the CPU, same as for the old IM151-7 CPU.

Weo said:
Hi,

Just starting a project using the IM151-8 PN/DP CPU, (128kB v2.7)
Seem´s that you cannot pack adresses of IO cards that you place in the "main-rail" after CPU?
Normally if you add lets say two 4DI cards these occupy IB0 and IB1, but if you highlight the modules you can choose to pack adresses so they only occupy the 8 bits in IB0.

When I add a Profinet node and add my modules it works like normal, addresses can be packed.

Anyone with experiences?

Im-151-8 Rules!!

It´s the markets absulotely best product just now.🍻
Experince: 24 year of plc programming with 8 brands.

Cheers Siemens!!