Calculated tags in historian

MMMcLovin

In historian, can I perform calculations on a recorded tag? Like the average value over time? Or timer when a tag is a certain value? Or does this have to be done in the PLC code.

Thanks

Most likely you can derive that data from the historian, but would be helpful to know exactly what you're working with.

Most likely you can derive that data from the historian, but would be helpful to know exactly what you're working with.

Imagine the plc code is setup with multiple locations and multiple objects traveling to those locations. The objects have code, and each location has its own code. I want to make a graph of the average time an object is in each location. And an average time each object spends in a location. Assume there is a tag showing when a object is in a specific location, and another boolean tag showing if an object is in a location assigned to that location.

In theory I could add timers and some logic in the PLC, then track those values in historian. It could be done using just the tag with specified location but if its easier to use the boolean then it is there. But at this point it would be easier if I could do it in historian. I do have vantage point and excel setup as well.