Can't Go Online in Studio 5000

TheColt46

Ever since I had to change PCs and redownload all my AB software I have been unable to go online with a controller via Studio 5000. I used to be able to connect with the provided cat6 cable at my station as well as the company Wi-Fi. Neither of these work now. However, I AM able to go online if I use my personal hotspot on my phone and get into the network using our company's cisco VPN. Why this works and not the other ways is beyond my very minimal experience with networking. I have tried to manually set my ipv4 address to the same range as the controller and no luck. I even tried to duplicate the DHCP address that was given to my hotspot connection and try that as my address for my hardwired connection. No Luck. I know I must be missing something very simple but I'm out of ideas.

Not a VM. I have not messed with adapter settings beyond changing IP, subnet, gateway, dns. Is there something else in there I should be looking for? Thanks for the quick response.

Are you on the same subnet as the PLC? Or going through a router.

If you are same subnet, you can use the ETHIP driver in RSLinx. But if you're routing, you have to use the ETH driver and specify the addresses of the PLC's in the configuration table.

The fact your VPN works is a big clue: what network does the VPN put you on? What's the gateway?

Can you ping the PLC while connected to Wi-Fi or the hardwired connection ?

Is there any chance that the VPN and your wifi/cat6 cable are different VLANS ?